Tropical Shrimp Kabobs
- This grilling delight brims with the taste of the tropics without ever leaving home. An exciting blend of shrimp, peppers and mangoes.
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 lb shrimp, shelled and deveined, tails left on
- 2 red bell peppers, stem and seeds removed, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 4 12-inch bamboo skewers
- 2 tbsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 16 green onions, bottom 2 inches only
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 tbsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 mangoes, peeled, pitted and cut into 1- x 1/2-inch pieces
- Place shrimp in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil, lime juice, ginger and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Squeeze out air and seal bag.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Soak bamboo skewers in water while shrimp are marinating.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and discard marinade.
- Assemble kabobs, alternating pieces of shrimp, mango, onion and red pepper.
- Brush with remaining oil.
- Grill or broil kabobs for 4 minutes; turn and grill on other side for approximately 4 additional minutes, or until shrimp are cooked throughout.
- Serve over steamed white rice if desired.