Thai Beef Salad
- Richly layered, spicy and slightly exotic a surprisingly simple dinner that's ready in less time than takeout. Since flank steak is an expensive cut of meat, why not grill two and double the recipe for a protein-packed lunch in the future?
- Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved and cut lengthwise into 8 wedges each
- 1 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 minced Thai chiles
- 1 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup plus an additional 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 4 small scallions, slivered into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 1 lb flank steak, grilled or pan-sauted to your favorite degree of doneness
- Lightly toss all ingredients except the flank steak in a medium bowl with all but one teaspoon of Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
- Rub the remaining teaspoon seasoning on to the cooked flank steak.
- Distribute the green vegetable mix and salad greens in four shallow bowls or on plates.
- Slice the meat and arrange on top of the vegetable salad.
- Pour any of the remaining bowl juices over the meat.