Snow Peas & Citrus Salad
This colorful and healthy side complements almost any main dish. Full of fresh fruit and veggies, this Dash™-enhanced side is quick and easy to make.
- Cook Time: 5 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 pink grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 cup salad greens
- 1 orange, peeled and cut into segments
- Fill saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add snow peas and blanch for about 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Pat dry between paper towels.
- Transfer to bowl and add orange and grapefruit segments.
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, orange juice, white wine vinegar and Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend together in a bowl.
- Lay salad greens on an attractive platter.
- Toss snow peas and citrus segments together with a little dressing.
- Arrange on top of greens and drizzle remaining dressing over snow peas.
- Garnish with almond slices and serve.