- Add some spice to an old-time favorite rice pilaf by using a pinch of Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1 finely chopped medium sweet onion
- 3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup sliced, toasted almonds
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend and chopped onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and stir.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Add peas, cover and continue to cook 3 to 5 minutes or until rice is cooked and peas are tender.
- Place in a large serving dish and garnish with toasted almonds.