Onion Mushroom Sauce
Whether you use it as a sauce, spread or gravy, this savory recipe is sure to be a hit at your next get-together. The fresh mushrooms truly accent the Worcestershire sauce and Dash™ Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- Cook Time: 7 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 12 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tbsp Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender; stir often.
- Remove mushrooms from skillet.
- Combine Onion & Herb Seasoning Blend and milk in a small saucepan or 2-cup glass microwaveable measuring cup.
- Heat just until warm.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk in flour.
- Gradually whisk in milk and Worcestershire sauce and heat until mixture thickens (about 2 to 3 minutes); whisk constantly.
- Return mushrooms to pan and heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.