Skip to content
Mustard-Crusted Pork Loin With Apricots Recipe
- Sharp meets sweet with this mouthwatering recipe. Savory pork loins are seasoned with Dijon mustard, brown sugar, lemon juice and Chicken Grilling Blend to enhance the flavor in every bite.
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- 1/3 cup Chicken Grilling Blend
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, halved, stems removed
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 1/2 lb pork lion
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread Chicken Grilling Blend on a 20-inch length of waxed paper.
- Tuck tail of pork under and brush with mustard; roll in the spice blend.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over high heat; add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and sear the pork on all sides.
- Place in an oven pan and roast 30 to 40 minutes, turning once.
- Wipe out skillet and spray with cooking oil spray along with 1 teaspoon butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the shiitake mushrooms and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until softened; add the vinegar and reduce to thin syrup.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove mushrooms and keep warm.
- Spray pan with cooking oil spray and turn heat to medium. Add the apricots, brown sugar and lemon juice; sauté 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the apricot preserves and heat through.
- Remove pork from oven when internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before carving.
- Add any juices from the meat and mushrooms to the apricots, returning mushrooms to skillet to heat through.
- Carve pork into medallions.
- On warmed plates, place the wild rice and top with a circle of pork medallions.
- Surround with the mushrooms and apricots; drizzle on the apricot sauce.
- Serve immediately with a simply steamed green vegetable.