Mediterranean Spicy Shrimp Salad With Tomato Basil Dressing
A true Mediterranean recipe that's light, tasty and refreshing. Drizzle with a Dash™-infused dressing that perfectly complements the shrimp and fresh greens.
- Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1/4 cup julienned fresh basil
- 4 tbsp divided olive oil
- 1 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut in half
- 2 thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup dehydrated and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup quartered black olives
- In 3 cups boiling water, cook orzo pasta, uncovered, for 9 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water in strainer.
- In medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil; blend in Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Add shrimp and sauté, stirring constantly for 3 minutes until shrimp is cooked.
- Place shrimp into a large bowl and add the orzo, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, pine nuts, basil, onions and olives.
- In small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice and honey.
- Add dressing to salad and toss well.
- Serve salad on a bed of lettuce leaves; garnish with tomatoes and basil.