Skip to content
Margarita Chicken With Calabacitas
- A Southwestern sensation. Juicy chicken breasts and calabacitas get a spicy kick with Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend and fresh lime juice.
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup drained corn (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 lime, sliced for garnish
- 4 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 2 cup 1/4-inch zucchini slices
- 4 oz can chopped green chiles (mild or hot to taste)
- 1 chopped tomato
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add 1/4 cup fresh lime juice and simmer for about 15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- If pan becomes too dry, add a little more lime juice.
- Spray a separate large skillet with cooking oil spray, and bring to medium-high heat.
- Sauté zucchini, corn, green chiles and tomato, seasoned with 2 teaspoons Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are cooked and the flavors blended.
- Garnish with lime slices.