Grilled Shrimp With Papaya Salsa
- Impress your dinner guests with this exciting and colorful entree. Season large shrimp with Original Blend and grill to perfection. Top it off with some fresh and flavorful papaya salsa and serve with steamed rice.
- Cook Time: 6 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled, with tail intact
- 1 tbsp rice wine or red wine vinegar
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 whole jalapeo pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 medium red or yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp Original Blend
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
- Spray grill pan with vegetable spray.
- Heat the grill or grill pan.
- Place Original Blend in a bowl and toss in the shrimp to coat.
- Sear the shrimp for approximately 2 minutes per side, being careful not to move the shrimp until they are ready to be flipped.
- In a medium bowl, combine the papaya, green onions, bell pepper, red onion, jalapeño pepper, cilantro, lime juice, vinegar and oil.
- Toss lightly to combine.
- Place the cooked rice in the center of the serving platter.
- Arrange the shrimp around the rice, leaning against the pile of rice at an angle.
- Spoon the salsa over the center of the rice.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of cilantro.