Chili Spiced Pork, Rice & Beans
- The only thing better than the flavor in this dish is the fact that it cooks all in one skillet, so cleanup's a breeze!
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil, divided
- 4 boneless, 1-inch-thick pork chops
- 1 package Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup rice
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat and cook pork chops 6 minutes, turning once; remove.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and cook onion and pepper over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Place pork chops on rice mixture, cover and simmer 20 minutes* or until rice is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- * For thinner chops or if you like your chops slightly pink, add chops to skillet with 10 to 15 minutes left on the timer.