Skip to content
Chicken & Roasted Asparagus Panzanella Salad
- A hearty dinner salad that does double duty as an easy weeknight meal and tomorrow's better-than-brown-bag lunch. Asparagus, accented with other veggies, shines in this perfect summer salad.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 lb asparagus, ends trimmed, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cup country-style or Italian bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tbsp Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend
- 2 oz Kalamata or ripe olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp Original Blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a roasting pan, toss asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons Original Blend.
- Roast until lightly browned and tender, about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once after 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with remaining tablespoon of Original Blend.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and bring to medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until no longer pink.
- Cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, olives and bread.
- Toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together remaining tablespoon of olive oil, vinegar and Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
- Add chicken pieces.
- Pour mixture over salad and toss.