Skip to content
Braised Beef Steaks With Zesty Sauce
- Lean steaks all dressed up in a special cranberry sauce and toasted almonds make a festive and delicious holiday meal for your special guests and special times together.
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 tbsp white horseradish
- 1/3 cup fat-free or light sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup fat-free, no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 4 4-oz. boneless eye-of-round steaks, visible fat discarded
- 1/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- Season both sides of the steaks evenly with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the steaks for 2 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender.
- If needed, add water, 1/4 cup at a time, to keep the steaks from sticking.
- If desired, reserve 1/2 to 2/3 cup cooking liquid to spoon over the steaks before serving.
- Dry-roast the whole almonds in a medium skillet over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to the work bowl of a food processor and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Dry-roast the sliced almonds in the same skillet for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a small plate and set aside.
- Process the whole almonds for 1 to 2 minutes or until finely ground.
- Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in the cranberry sauce or sour cream, horseradish, and 1/2 teaspoon seasoning until well combined.