Skip to content
Baked Chicken Breast and Rice Recipe
- A healthy way to prepare chicken breasts for those who want to fix a quick and easy dinner. Recipe courtesy of Doreen Merchant.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tsp unsalted butter (optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 to 3 tbsp Italian Medley Seasoning Blend
- 1/2 cup chopped onion, optional
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line baking dish with aluminum foil that is larger than the pan so it can be folded over chicken.
- Rinse chicken breasts.
- Cut a thin slit across the top of each breast.
- Mix water and lemon juice together and pour over chicken in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Italian Medley Seasoning Blend.
- Sprinkle chopped onion around chicken.
- Divide butter into 4 parts and add to water/onion (do not place on top of the chicken).
- Cook rice in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place chicken over rice and, if desired, top with droippings.