Avocado Salad Sandwich
The secret ingredient in this delicious sandwich is Dash™ Original Blend. Mix veggies together for a pita-pocket stuffing that's simple yet deliciously satisfying.
- Yield: 2
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 3 celery stalks, peeled and thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes or ripe plum tomatoes, halved or sliced
- 1 tbsp Original Blend
- 1 cup watercress or romaine lettuce, washed and dried, cut into shreds
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 pita pockets, white or whole wheat
- 2 ripe, firm avocados, pits removed and sliced in half
- Using a medium-sized bowl, toss the onion, celery, tomatoes and lettuce with the red wine vinegar, olive oil and Original Blend.
- Thinly slice the avocado halves and stuff evenly into pita pockets.
- Spoon equal proportions of salad mix in pita pockets and serve.