Skip to content
Tomato & Basil Soup Recipe
- This traditional soup is better tasting and better for you than anything canned. Every delicious spoonful is a creamy combination of tomatoes, fat-free milk and Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan until foaming.
- Add onion and cook on medium heat until onions are tender.
- Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes, Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend, chicken broth and Tomato Basil Garlic Seasoning Blend.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Process in blender or food processor or press through a sieve (strainer).
- Return to pan and add evaporated milk.
- Heat but do not boil.
- Serve in warm soup bowl and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.