Peppers and Orange Spinach Salad
For a perfect start to any meal, try this colorful and complementary salad that's loaded with green bell peppers, orange sections and red onion rings. Skip the bottled dressing and make your own with Dash™ Table Blend.
- Yield: 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 head Boston lettuce, washed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin rings
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1 medium orange, zested, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tsp Table Blend
- Prepare peppers and zest orange before peeling and sectioning.
- Toss lettuce and spinach together; divide between six plates.
- Arrange pepper slices, orange sections and onion rings on top of the lettuce.
- Make dressing by combining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Table Blend and orange zest.
- Prepare dressing just before serving.
- Drizzle salad with dressing and serve.