- Whether you call it a yam or a sweet potato, this delicious vegetable is easily prepared and is very low in sodium and fat. Dark brown sugar adds zest to this filling veggie so no one will forget the rich taste of this deep orange dish.
- Cook Time: 60 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 3 medium yams, cleaned
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp Original Blend
- 1 tbsp Original Blend
- Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Slice yams, with skin on, into 3/4-inch discs.
- Place yams in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Add 2 teaspoons Original Blend to dark brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Spray tops of yams with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle tops with 1 tablespoon Original Blend.
- Place in 350-degree oven for 30 minutes; turn yams and spray tops with no-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture, spray again lightly with no-stick cooking spray and return to oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and soft in the center.