Chopped Mesquite Chicken Salad
- The presentation of this salad served in bowls made from red cabbage is perfect for a winter get-together. Chicken Grilling Blend gives chopped chicken breast a kick, while cilantro, lime juice and black beans add to the salad's appeal.
- Cook Time: 11 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 3 tbsp Chicken Grilling Blend
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tbsp divided olive oil
- 1 avocado, skinned, pitted and diced into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 6-oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup lightly packed cilantro leaves, chopped, stems discarded before measuring
- 1 head red cabbage
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts.
- Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle on both sides with Chicken Grilling Blend.
- Grill or broil for approximately 5 minutes per side, or until cooked throughout.
- Let cool, then slice into 1/4-inch cubes.
- Cut core out of cabbage with a paring knife.
- Carefully peel off whole outer leaves and set aside to use as serving bowls.
- Each cabbage will yield about 6 serving bowls.
- Thinly slice enough of the inner section of the cabbage to produce 1 1/2 cups.
- Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chicken, corn, beans, avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice and remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Toss thoroughly and serve in red cabbage bowls.