Skip to content
Cherry Rice Pilaf
- Rice pilaf has been a side staple since the beginning of time. Or at least since rice pilaf become a mainstay. This is a great rendition that is sure to tantalize the taste buds.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Original Blend
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped Vidalia onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chervil or parsley
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 11 oz mandarin orange segments
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- In a 3-quart saucepan, sauté onion in olive oil over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add Original Blend, water, juice from the mandarin oranges (reserve oranges) and rice.
- Over high heat, bring rice to a rapid boil.
- Cover pan and reduce heat to low.
- After 15 minutes, add carrots. Let rice simmer for another 10 minutes until rice has absorbed liquid.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Let rice stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a serving bowl and fluff with a fork.
- Toss in the chervil or parsley, dried cherries and sunflower seeds.
- Gently fold in the reserved mandarin oranges.