Beef Pinwheel With Fontina
- Stuff and roll lean flank steak flavored with Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend earlier in the day, then roast in the oven just 30 minutes prior to dinner. Fontina cheese adds a rich, buttery taste for a simple, yet elegant holiday dinner.
- Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1 oz thinly sliced beef and pork salami, cut into 1/4-inch matchsticks
- 3 oz grated fontina
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tbsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 4 thinly sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 lb beef flank steak, about 10 inches long
- 1/2 cup toasted dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a knife, carefully cut the flank steak in the middle and butterfly in half, folding open but leaving in one piece.
- Spread out the steak on a piece of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 tablespoon Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend.
- In medium-sized bowl, add the rest of the ingredients except the olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Spread the mixture on the flank steak and neatly roll the stuffed flank into a roast, using the plastic wrap to help shape the roast.
- Discard the plastic and tie with kitchen string.
- Using a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, add the olive oil and bring to medium heat.
- Brown the meat and then cook it in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature is 125 to 130 degrees for medium.
- Turn the roast halfway through cooking.
- Remove from the oven.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of seasoning and cover to rest about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with your favorite potato or vegetables.