Spicy Cheese Corn Bread
- With your first bite into this cornbread you'll taste spicy flavors, thanks to the chopped red pepper, green onion and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend. Serve with your favorite fall dish.
- Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- Yield: 3
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 2 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend in large bowl; mix well, set aside.
- Beat egg, milk and oil in small bowl until blended.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in vegetables and cheddar cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into greased 8- x 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.