Skip to content
Spicy Cheese Corn Bread
- With your first bite into this cornbread you'll taste spicy flavors, thanks to the chopped red pepper, green onion and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend. Serve with your favorite fall dish.
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1/2 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 2 tsp Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend in large bowl; mix well, set aside.
- Beat egg, milk and oil in small bowl until blended.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in vegetables and cheddar cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into greased 8- x 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm.