Skip to content
Chipotle Butternut Squash Soup
- Fresh spinach adds vitamins to this creamy, dreamy soup. It's a delicious way to kick-start your resolution to embrace more meatless meals and a variety of vegetables.
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz package cream cheese, cubed
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tbsp Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cup butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- In a large saucepan, sauté the squash, carrot, onion, garlic and 1/2 teaspoon Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend in oil for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 cups broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are tender; cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender; add the tomatoes, cream cheese, 2 1/2 teaspoon Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend and remaining broth.
- Cover and process for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Return to saucepan; stir in beans, corn and spinach.
- Cook and stir until spinach is wilted and soup is heated through.