Skip to content
Tuscan Oven-Braised Beef
- Fennel, orange and olives make this pot roast easy enough for every day and special enough for entertaining.
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- 1/4 cup halved Kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 package Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 15 oz can tomatoes in juice
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 sliced small fennel bulb
- 1 3-lb. boneless pot roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 sliced large onion
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Arrange onion and fennel in 6-quart Dutch oven.
- Place beef roast on top of vegetables.
- Combine Pot Roast Seasoning Mix, tomatoes with their juice, wine and orange zest and pour over roast.
- Bake 2-1/2 to 3 hours until roast is tender.
- Stir in olives and serve with polenta, rice or mashed potatoes.