Sloppy Joe Empanadas
- Put a Latin twist on an old family favorite and wow them at dinner. These empanadas also make a great addition to your party menu. Added bonus: they're baked, not fried!
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
- 1 diced small onion
- 1 package Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small red or green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 package 6-inch frozen empanada discos, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook ground beef, onion and pepper in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat until browned; drain fat.
- Stir in Sloppy Joe Seasoning Mix and tomato sauce and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Evenly spoon beef mixture onto center of empanada discos, using about 1/4 cup for each empanada.
- Brush edges of discos with water, then fold discos in half over filling, crimping edges to seal with a fork.
- Arrange empanadas on 2 cookie sheets.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden.