Sausage & Lentil Stew
- This rich and hearty stew will warm up the coldest nights. Freeze any leftovers for a quick lunch or dinner.
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
- 8 oz lentils
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cup water
- 1 package fresh baby spinach (optional)
- 2 sliced carrots
- 3 chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 package Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- 1 chopped medium onion
- Brown sausage over medium-high heat in 6-quart saucepot; remove.
- Add garlic, carrots, celery and onion and cook 8 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in seasoning mix, lentils, water and tomato paste and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
- Stir in sausage and continue to simmer for 10 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Stir in spinach and cook 1 minute until spinach is wilted.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.