Salmon Salad with Avocado and Chickpeas
- Find more recipes like this in Joy Bauer's book Joy's Simple Food Remedies!
Photo credit: Lucy Schaeffer. Recipe credit: Joy Bauer
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz.), drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado
- 1 can salmon (15 oz.), drained and skin removed
- 2 1/2 tsp Original Blend
- 1/4 cup nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1-2 tsp orange zest, optional
- Combine the chickpeas and avocado in a large bowl. Mash with the back of a fork or a potato masher until the avocado is smooth and creamy and about half the chickpeas are mashed.
- Add in all the other ingredients and stir to combine.
- Serve as a dip with veggies or whole-grain crackers, as a spread on a piece of toast, or as a sandwich filling.