Roasted Broccoli-Artichoke Dip
- Find more recipes like this in Joy Bauer's book Joy's Simple Food Remedies!
Photo credit: Lucy Schaeffer. Recipe credit: Joy Bauer
Yield: 5 cups
- 4 cup broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 can artichoke hearts (14 oz.), drained, rinsed and chopped
- 1 to 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot or 1/2 yellow or red onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon (or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Minced or chopped fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the broccoli with the oil and Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend. Spread out the broccoli on the prepared baking sheet and mist the tops with olive oil spray.
- Roast in the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the broccoli is soft and slightly browned.
- While the broccoli roasts, combine the artichokes, scallions and shallot (or onion) in a large bowl.
- Add the roasted broccoli to the artichoke mixture, along with the tarragon, cumin and paprika. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Add the yogurt and Parmesan cheese and mix again.
- Once dip is ready to serve, taste and add additional seasoning, starting with 1/2 teaspoon and increasing as needed to reach desired flavor.