Oven-Braised Cabernet Short Ribs
- Hearty short ribs so succulent they will melt in your mouth. Serve this dish with mashed potatoes, creamy polenta or crusty bread to soak up every mouthwatering bit of sauce.
- Cook Time: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- Yield: 8
- 1 package Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 peeled, sliced carrots
- 4 lb bone-in short ribs
- 2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- 1 chopped large onion
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large heavy-duty, ovenproof pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and brown short ribs in batches; remove.
- Add carrots, celery, onions and garlic and cook over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return short ribs to pot. Cover and bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours until very tender.
- Skim fat before serving.