Oven-Braised Cabernet Short Ribs
- Hearty short ribs so succulent they will melt in your mouth. Serve this dish with mashed potatoes, creamy polenta or crusty bread to soak up every mouthwatering bit of sauce.
Cook Time: 3 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 package Pot Roast Seasoning Mix
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 peeled, sliced carrots
- 4 lb bone-in short ribs
- 2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- 1 chopped large onion
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In large heavy-duty, ovenproof pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and brown short ribs in batches; remove.
- Add carrots, celery, onions and garlic and cook over medium heat 4 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return short ribs to pot. Cover and bake 2 1/2 to 3 hours until very tender.
- Skim fat before serving.