Fiesta Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burgers
- These veggie burgers are not only healthy, they're also easy to make. Make extra, wrap and freeze for a quick weeknight dinner. Or make small burgers to serve as finger food at your next get-together.
- Cook Time: 35 Minutes
- Yield: 6
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup optional pepitos (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 sliced green onions
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 package Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- Remove 1 tablespoon Fajita Seasoning Mix from package and combine with yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice and 2 tablespoons cilantro; set aside.
- Combine remaining Fajita Seasoning Mix with remaining ingredients except breadcrumbs.
- Divide mixture into 6 balls.
- Place 1 ball of mixture at a time into a bowl of panko breadcrumbs. Flatten slightly, then turn over with a spatula to coat the other side. (The mixture will be very wet, so you will need to handle gently.) .
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch skillet and cook 3 burgers for 8 minutes, turning once.
- Repeat with remaining butter and burgers.
- Serve on buns or over greens with yogurt sauce.