Skip to content
Creamy Southwest Shrimp
- Try adding nonfat Greek yogurt to this for a rich, creamy dish without added fat.
Cook Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 cup sour cream or nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Heat oil over medium heat in a 12-inch skillet and cook onion 4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and tomato and cook 4 minutes or until zucchini is tender-crisp.
- Add shrimp and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in Fajita Seasoning Mix and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes, then stir in sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or with warm tortillas.