1. Sautéed onions with a Dash (a dash of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, that is), slow cooked in a sauté pan with olive oil, makes a delicious topper for grilled meat or fish.
Serves 2. 5 mg sodium/serving
2. For a cool chip dip, toss together 9 ounces of cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of low fat milk and a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb. Cover and microwave for two minutes, stirring halfway through.
Serves 8. 105 mg sodium/serving.
3. For a fresh fall salad, toss a tablespoon each of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb and olive oil with a diced pear, a ¼ cup of blue cheese crumbles, a handful of unsalted walnuts and 2 cups of greens.
Serves 2. 256 mg sodium/serving
4. Roasting veggies after they’ve been tossed with cooking spray and Mrs. Dash Table Blend? The perfect quick cold-weather side!
Serves 2. 48 mg sodium/serving.
5. Pump up your pita pockets. Mix 2 tablespoons of sesame oil with 2 teaspoons of Mrs. Dash Table Blend and brush onto the warm pockets. It also makes a great dip for crusty baguettes!
Serves 4. 75 mg sodium/serving.
6. Add a savory-sweet flavor to pan-roasted chicken by basting with a teaspoon of red wine vinegar, a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Table Blend, and a ¼ cup of raspberry preserves. Deliciously unexpected!
Serves 4. 100 mg sodium/serving.
7. Turn a 4.5-ounce can of diced tomatoes with jalapenos into a tasty Mexican dip. Just blend with a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy and 2 ounces of cream cheese, and soften in the microwave.
Serves 2. 120 mg sodium/serving.
8. Turn Cottage cheese into a crowd-pleasing dip: just mix a ½ cup with a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy, a ¼ cup of sour cream, green onion and Monterey Jack cheese. Great with sliced veggies.
Serves 8. 80 mg sodium/serving.
9. Mrs. Dash takes steamed green beans to the next level. Just toss the green beans with equal parts Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy, lemon juice, olive oil and butter. So easy and so tasty!
Serves 4. 7 mg sodium/serving.
10. After-school snack alert! Mini corn tortillas, a pouch of tuna, a little shredded lettuce and a few shakes of Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper make great tuna tacos.
Serves 4. 64 mg sodium/serving.
11. An ordinary 1-pound box of linguine becomes a deliciously simple meal when tossed with a ½ cup of pasta water, 2 tablespoons each of Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper and Parmesan cheese, and a few drops of olive oil.
Serves 4. 45 mg sodium/serving.
12. Looking for a rub that’s great on kebobs and skewers? Mix a tablespoon each of Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper, brown sugar, cider vinegar and lemon juice for grilling perfection.
Rub: 49 mg sodium/tablespoon.
13. Whip together skin-on boiled red potatoes, sour cream, and Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb for a chunky, zesty version of whipped spuds.
Serves 4. 14 mg sodium/serving.
14. You don’t have to order out to get Thai flavor. Just mix a ½ cup of warmed creamy peanut butter with 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb, a little water, and a few drops of sriracha for a great Asian dipping sauce.
Serves 4. 151 mg sodium/serving.
15. Give your potato salad a burst of Mediterranean flavor. Mix 4 cooked and chopped potatoes with ¼ cup of low-fat yogurt and a tablespoon each of sour cream, Dijon mustard, and Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic.
Serves 4. 114 mg sodium/serving.
16. A sprinkle of Mrs. Dash Tomato Basil Garlic turns an ear of roasted or grilled corn into a Tuscan delight.
Serves 1 per ear of corn. 15 mg sodium/serving.
17. Mrs. Dash black bean hash is the perfect Southwestern breakfast: just mix a can’s-worth of black beans (drained and rinsed) with a tablespoon each of Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle, chopped pepper, chopped onions and cilantro.
Serves 4. 386 mg sodium/serving.
18. Top burritos with creamy Southwest goodness: Whip low-fat sour cream with Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle for a simple sauce.
Sauce: 6 mg sodium/tablespoon.
19. Roasted butternut squash with Mrs. Dash Italian blend makes a beautiful side dish. Peel, clean, and thin slice one butternut squash, toss the slices with 2 tablespoons of Mrs. Dash Italian Blend, and place on a cooking sheet prepped with non-stick cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Serves 4. 4 mg sodium/serving.
20. Make your own flavorful and heart-healthy Italian dipping sauce with a ½ cup of olive oil, a tablespoon of tomato paste, a teaspoon of red wine vinegar, and a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Italian Medley.
Serves 4. 33 mg sodium/serving.
21. Eggplant Parmigiana has never been easier! Simply oven-roast slices of eggplant, layered with no-salt added canned crushed tomatoes, shredded mozzarella, and Mrs. Dash Italian Medley. Fantastico!
Serves 1. 193 mg sodium/serving.
22. Looking for an elegant appetizer? Make our spinach crostini. Mix 4 ounces of drained and thawed frozen spinach with a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend and spread on crostini, topping with shaved Parmesan.
Serves 4. 276 mg sodium/serving.
23. Try our tasty twice-baked potatoes: cut baked potatoes in half and top with a mix of spinach or broccoli, sour cream and Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend.
Serves 1 per potato used. 116 mg sodium/serving.
24. Try spinach with a squeeze of lemon, a touch of olive oil and Mrs. Dash Chicken Grilling Blend. It makes a great lunch salad or the perfect compliment to your favorite chicken dish.
Serves 1. 37 mg sodium/serving.
25. It’s easy to make south of the border pork chops when basted with a tablespoon each of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime and peanut oil.
Serves 4. 65 mg sodium/serving.
26. Try this zesty rub to turn flank steak into carne asada: 1 tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of white vinegar, and 1 teaspoon of chopped jalapeno.
Rub: 0 mg sodium/tablespoon.
Recommended application (12 ounces flank steak): Serves 4. 48 mg sodium/serving.
27. Island trail mix? Why not! Toss ½ cup each of unsalted almonds, dried cranberries and dried mangos with a teaspoon of sesame seeds, a teaspoon of honey, and a tablespoon of Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus. Roast for 5-6 minutes at 350 degrees on a tray coated with vegetable spray.
Serves 4. 9 mg sodium/serving.
28. Looking for a way to use up leftover sweet potatoes? Slice and toss them with Mrs. Dash Caribbean Citrus, and gently re-heat to make a terrific side dish.
Serves 1. 73 mg sodium/serving.